OneRiver Media is currently seeking one or two people to start at a freelance position at our facility, and hopefully leading into a full-time position. The position is unique in that we’d like to find someone that has experience in several different scopes of production and post-production work. If you lack in one or some of the skills we’re requesting, we will help build up that skill set for you, directly by Marco Solorio (owner of OneRiver Media, recipient of many industry awards, writer of countless published articles, instructor on industry tutorials, speaker at industry events, a professional of professionals with over 20 years in the business, and all around nice guy).
Some of the combined skills we’d like to see are the following:
Research, database population
Camera assist, audio assist, lighting assist, teleprompter assist, slate assist
Video editing, assistant video editing, motion graphics, compositing, audio editing, media encoding
Not required but added bonus skills:
3D modeling, 3D animation, still photography experience, audio recording.
This is the most-used software we use on a regular basis:
Final Cut Pro 7 (not “X”), Avid Media Composer, After Effects, Newtek Lightwave 3D, Color, Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Pro Tools HD, QuickTime Player 7 (encoding), Compressor, Adobe Media Encoder, Cinema Tools, Dreamweaver, Flash.
- Friendly, easy-going personality, trustworthy, professional
- Creative, patience for quality, problem solving skills
- Willing to work on a production crew in studio and on location
- Experience in Final Cut Pro 7 (transition to Avid Media Composer is good)
- Experience in After Effects and/or motion graphics production
- Must be local with access to Walnut Creek, CA
- Prefer someone with availability to work Monday through Friday.
What we need from you at this point
We’ll need to review examples of your work. This is required. YouTube, Vimeo, and/or Flickr links are fine.
We’ll also need to know what you’d like to expect in terms of financial compensation, based off your available time and skills set.
Please answer the following bullet points when responding to this inquiry:
- What is your name, email address, and current city of residence?
- What is your strongest suit from the “general requirements” listed above?
- What software are you strongest in? How many years?
- What production skills do you have? How many years?
- What post-production skills do you have? How many years?
- What kind of audio skills do you have? How many years?
- List links to your demo material we can review.
- List an example of a problem-solving skill you’ve experienced in the past.
- What hours during the day can you work? Which days during the week?
- Please list any awards or extra info about your work experience.
- If you’ve worked with OneRiver Media in the past, please note the project description.
- Please list any appropriate references.
- How did you hear about or know of OneRiver Media?
Please do not call us regarding this inquiry. All inquires for this position should be emailed directly to jobs [a t] onerivermedia [d o t] com. Feel free to attach a résumé to your email as well. And to be clear, this position is not for remotely based freelancers.
About OneRiver Media
OneRiver Media is located in downtown Walnut Creek in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our 3000 square-foot facility has a dedicated edit suite, audio control room, sound booth, shooting room, two offline editing rooms, machine room, conference room (with white board, 55” LED, and 7.1 surround sound), and other rooms to help facilitate our production and post-production needs.
Our projects mostly consist of high-end corporate work, medical, and commercial, but are not limited to these market outlets. It’s not uncommon that we will provide “all services” to our clients under one roof, ranging from production shooting, video editing, visual effects, CG, music composition, audio mixing, and digital media encoding for final deployment. Our vast range of combined media production services (all at high quality standards) allow for lower overall costs to the client, with faster turn-around times, while maintaining error-free crosstalk between services rendered.
Our color-controlled, noise-free edit suite uses AJA Kona hardware, dedicated waveform/vector scopes, 5.1 surround sound integration and control surface interactivity. We currently use Final Cut Pro 7 and Avid Media Composer 6. Our edit suite is bar-none and trumps many edit rooms we see used for Hollywood editorial.
Our audio control room is based on Avid/Digidesign Pro Tools HD|3 version 10, controlled by a spacious ProControl control surface desk with 40 dedicated channel strips and Edit Pack section for added control and surround sound support. We have an ever-growing list of software synths and effects plugins to really help each project sound creative, unique, and fresh. The room is also equipped for sound-for-picture with LCD monitoring as well as projector monitoring with an electronically operated screen that comes down for each use. The audio control room can fit seven people comfortably. Our sound booth is big enough for about three people and plenty of I/O for discreet micing and monitoring. We normally pick from our Neumann microphones, but have several others to choose from as well (AKG, Sennheiser, EV, Sony, CAD, Shure, Crown).